Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My library uses email to keep everyone up-to-date on policy changes, upcoming events, scheduling changes, and daily tasks such as shelf-checks.Using web 2.0 tools such as IM would be quite a challenge at first, but a boon for libraries who have large student populations. I am not, nor do I think I will ever be, a text messenger or IM-er. Too old to see the letters on the darn phone for one thing. My son (20 yrs old) loves it and can text almost as fast as he can talk. It's a good way to communicate when you do not want the rest of the world to hear your side of the conversation. Webinars and podcasts seem to me to be great communication tools...good source of info and a way to have people spread over a large geographical area all come together in the same "place". This evens the playing field in a way. The article on productivity was very good.....email can definitely eat up a lot of time! I visited a Webinar...Minitex, eBooks and NetLibrary.

No comments:

 

View my page on 23 Things on a Stick