Friday, April 11, 2008

Added a wiki to aadl.org (Ann Arbor public library blog of upcoming events) blog that mentioned Julie Andrews being a guest speaker. This informed me about a new title. It is enjoyable to interact with an institution on-line. I found the Common Craft tutorial to be,as always, illuminating and fun! This is my favorite go-to site for making the tech understandable. The example used of a small group using the wiki as a communication tool that is less cumbersome than e-mail was eye-opening! I will definately make use of this in the future. Within schools a wiki would be a good way for students to organize a class project. I think encouraging many formats in schools would be a better policy than banning any given source and be a good opportunity to discuss wikis with students. I would not like to see wikipedia used as an ONLY source.

1 comment:

librarycat said...

You're headed down the home stretch now--keep up the good work! I just noticed that ACL has a Wiki on their intranet training tab. Haven't had time to take a look at it yet, though.

 

View my page on 23 Things on a Stick